768 Holcomb Ave Reno NV 89502
The Little Blue House at 768 Holcomb may be the best example of adaptive rehabilitation and blending modern and traditional in all of midtown. Loving rescued and restored in the last five years by well-known infill developers and the current owner, this historic ranch home once sat on the V&T Railroad that eventually became Holcomb avenue with the designation of Wells Addition in 1905. Build for the shepherd in charge of Sheldon Wells’ sheep flock in the late 1800s; this is one of the original homes that make up the Wells Avenue Neighborhood Conservation District.
This home is graciously situated on an oversized, fully landscaped lot which was tastefully designed to reflect the unobstructed views of Mt Rose and provide ample privacy. The outdoor spaces include a full wrap around deck with accent lighting and secluded hot tub with privacy awning, fire pit, artificial grass, bbq area and carefully chosen plantings to provide color during the warm months.
The Little Blue House itself has been fully updated to modern standards while retaining the charm of a classic home – the hardwood floors have been lovingly restored, and the kitchen has been fully upgraded with top-of-the-line appliances and granite countertops. The soaring ceiling in the front room provides a feeling of openness in the 684 square feet of living space. And it’s not just the appearance that pleases – all electrical, HVAC, plumbing and roof systems have been replaced within the last 5 years.
The nearly 200 sf basement has ample storage space and a perfect spot for a wine cellar with exposed beams and rock foundation.
Being situated in the heart of Midtown at the convergence with West of Wells, you’re only a short walk the best Reno has to offer in dining, shopping, and entertainment.